We've Moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://twinsmvb.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

I'm Back

Here's what's been going in my life since my last post. I finished my last classes at the college level, I found an apartment in Minneapolis, I prepared for finals, and now have an impending graduation.

Here's what's been happening in the world of Twins baseball. The Twins swept a two game series at home against the White Sox, took over 1st place atop the AL Central, saw the tragic death of manager Ron Gardenhire's brother, pulled a huge three game sweep over the Tigers at the dome, nearly were no hit by White Sox pitcher Gavin Floyd, and had something happen for the first time in 22 years.

Certainly a busy week for me and for the Twins since I've last blogged.

In case you haven't heard, what happend last night for the first time in 22 years for the Twins was Carlos Gomez hitting for the cycle. Can you guess who was the last Twin to hit the cycle? Of course you can, it was none other than Kirby Puckett in 1986 who was also the centerfielder at the time for the Twins.

Gomez couldn't believe he was now in Twins history alongside Kirby Puckett.

"It's amazing," Gomez said. "Kirby Puckett, I saw the video of the player. He is an All-Star and I can't explain it to you. That's unbelievable."

Gomez hit the "reverse cycle" picking up a leadoff homerun in the first inning, a triple in the fifth, a double in the sixth, and finished with a single in the ninth inning. While hitting the cycle Gomez managed to knock in three RBIs, score two runs, and raise his batting averaged to .382.

Check out this ESPN link to see all the hits.

Times are certainly good right now for the Twins. As the calendar has turned to May the Twins are in first place. I knew the Twins would be better than experts predicted, but I thought it would take time for this young team to develop. So it's great to see the Twins who generally perform better in the second half of the season start off so well.

Sorry for the long delay in blog posts, but as the hectic ending of the school year concludes I should be back at it. As long as the Twins keep winning I'll definitely have some good things to talk about!

No comments: